Friday, April 3, 2009

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple

There is a poem that starts out something like "When I am old I shall wear purple..." I don't know about the full poem, but that line is my new motto. I do love purple and wear quite a bit of it. Yesterday I walked into a hospital room to see an elderly lady from our church. I had on a purply-blue jacket and Margurette told me that my purple jacket made my hair look lavendar. So another good reason to wear purple is because it matches my hair.

Last week we had Bunko at my house. Shelly - our youngest player in the group - had just had a "milestone birthday" so I had our theme be purple. I told everyone to wear purple. I found all kinds of pretty purple plates, forks, spoons, knives, napkins, etc. I even put blueberries in the Pink Lemonade. Three people forgot to wear purple or didn't have purple...but not to worry...I had something purple for each of them to put on.

We had a grand time eating, playing bunko, watching Shelly open her gag gifts - someone had even made her a hat out of a purple basket. Of course, we had to have a group picture so I wanted to share that picture.

Getting old doesn't mean you can't wear purple or can't have fun. We had a ball!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks fun, sorry I couldn't come!