Hilary tagged me, and I just read this today. So I will fill it in. It has been so long since I posted and I have been so erratic, that I don't know if anyone even still checks mine. But I will do it anyway. I will try to do better about posting.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. I don't care for Egg Nog at all!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When Santa came to our house when the girls were little we would wrap most of them. We would set out boxes and wrapping paper so they wouldn't wonder how Santa got wrapping paper just like ours.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights? No lights on the house. Unless you want to count the yellow bug light on our front porch. I did put a little snowman that you stick in the ground out in front of the porch this year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I really don't recall ever hanging Mistletoe. I do remember there sometimes being some in my house as I was growing up.
5. When do you put your decorations up? When the girls were home we'd usually put the tree up the first week of December. I am not a Scrooge, but I didn't put up a tree this year or last year. And this year the only decoration I even had out was one I received for a gift this year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't know of one favorite dish, but our tradition has been to have "finger foods" on Christmas Eve, and that is still what we do whatever day the girls are home.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I remember one year my older sister and I got real pretty purple dresses alike, and they were hanging on the tree when we got up on Christmas morning.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? One year I heard my mother talking to my aunt about hiding a train set that Santa brought my brothers. I think I was about 9 or so. Maybe I already suspected, I don't know.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Now that the girls are older, we just open our gifts whenever both girls and their families can be home. When I was a little girl we opened family gifts on Christmas Eve and Santa gifts on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your tree? When I decorated a tree, it would be filled with the girls' ornaments. Sometimes I'd have different colored lights and sometimes all blue.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like it fine. I love to look at it from inside the house, but don't love getting out in it so much.
12. Can you ice skate? I took ice skating one "J-Term" (January class) in college one year. I actually caught on very fast and no one could believe I had never ice skated before. I could do figure 8's and skate backwards, etc. But by about the third time my ankles hurt so back I could barely walk, let alone skate. So that is the extent of my ice skating.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Maybe when I got a Barbie house. I don't think I'll tell how old I was when I got it.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Remembering the birth of our Savior!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Like them all. I really like fudge.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My girls getting to come home. It has been so easy since Hilary lived here and her in-laws also lived here. But I told Sydnie the easy days were probably over now. It will be harder to get the schedule worked out.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? There's nothing on the packed away Christmas tree. In the past I've had several different things. Maybe an angel most of the time.
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? Giving. And if I do my shopping too early, it's hard for me to keep it until Christmas. Or I get excited as Christmas nears and buy more.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I just love Christmas music. I don't know if I could pick just one favorite. My favorite album is Amy Grant's Christmas album. I like to listen to it all year long.
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? I like them fine, but i can easily pass them up.
21. What do you want for Christmas? It's always hard for me to tell people what I want for Christmas - or birthday - or anything. I really have everything I want. This year I did ask for a "Web-cam" since Hilary is moving, and we got her one, too.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? At work we usually go to lunch at JB's for an office Christmas party. We sometimes go to a Sunday School party, however, since I started teaching, we haven't gone to the Adult 5 party every year. We always plan to then there seems to be some reason we can't.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJs first, then get dressed (but not really dressed up) to go to families.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes, and reindeer antlers, and snowflakes and an elf hat.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? The girls. And the past several years we have gone to Hubbard's at Mooreland for breakfast on Christmas morning.
I tag Dawn and Les, even though it is now after Christmas.